HomeDriver InformationAbout UsNew Vehicle

To request for a VE103 and authority to take vehicle abroad.
Please either email us at fleetcontrol@woodfieldfacilities.com or call our fleet control on 01923257733

  • We will need the following information.
  • Your company
  • Vehicle Registration number
  • Date of travel
  • The driver's full name and address as shown in their driving licence. (The address in the licence and on the VE103 must be the same)
  • Make, Model, and registration number of vehicle.
  • Countries to be visited.
  • Address to which the document is to be sent.

Subject to any conditions laid down by your company, it is necessary to obtain from us a letter of authority and a Department of Transport Vehicle on Hire (VE103) document to take the vehicle abroad.
The request for these documents should be made in writing by the person controlling the vehicles within the hiring company. You should allow 14 days before the date of travel and include the following information:-
When visiting European Union Countries a Green Card is not essential but does provide international evidence of insurance. In other countries a Green Card is essential if you are to avoid paying local insurance prior to entry. Your Green Card should be obtained from your company insurers.
We would remind you that the maintenance, servicing and replacement vehicle facilities do not normally apply whilst your car is out of the United Kingdom.
We can provide AA Fleet Europe provides breakdown assistance recovery of the vehicle, alternative travel and, subject to the limits set by the AA at the time of travel, accommodation. This may be covered by your vehicle manufacturer (please check you have sufficient cover in place before traveling. This cover for European Travel Insurance is available at additional cost.


Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Reference No 730977

Woodfield Facilities Limited